The main campus

The main campus of the university currently includes the following faculties and institutes:

Faculty/Institute

Year started

1- Faculty  of  Science

1957/58

2- Faculty  of  Engineering

1957/58

3- Faculty  of Agriculture

1959/60

4- Faculty  of Medicine

1960/61

5- Faculty  of Pharmacy

1961/62

6- Faculty  of Veterinary Medicine

1961/62

7- Faculty of Commerce

1963/64

8- Faculty  of Education

1966/67

9- Faculty of Law

1975/76

10- Faculty  of Physical Education, Boys
       Faculty  of Physical Education , Girls

1981/82

1996/97

11- Faculty of Nursing for Girls

1982/83

12- Faculty  of Education, New Valley

1993/94

13- Institute  of Research and
Technology of Sugar Industry

1995/96

14- Faculty  of Social Work

1995/96

15- Faculty  of Arts

1996/97

16- Faculty  of Specific Education

1997/98

17- Technical  Institute of Nursing

1997/98

18- South Egypt  Cancer Institute   

1997/98

19- Faculty  of Computers and
Information

2001/02

20- Faculty  of Dentistry

2012/13

Formerly, Assiut University had four regional campuses and branches in the neighboring provinces of Minia, Sohag, Qena and Aswan including the following:
A – Minia Branch              B - Sohag Branch
C - Qena Branch               D - Aswan Branch
From the academic year 76/1977 onward, the above regional Campuses from separated to form independent universities.  One regional Campus still remains under the administration of Assiut University.
New Valley Branch now includes the following
Faculty of Vet Medicine
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Science  
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Physical Education
Faculty of Agriculture