University was established in October 1957 as the first
university in Upper Egypt to prepare highly qualified graduates
with the basic specialized academic knowledge and training
expertise on the various necessary skills. Besides, the
university offers an abundance of programs complying with the
contemporary world changes.
The university includes the number of sixteen faculties and
The university Human Resources
Faculty members: 2442.
Assistant Lecturers and Demonstrators: 1432.
Administrative staff: 11686.
Other service assistants: 3815.
University Post Office Box,
Postal Code 71515 Arab Republic of Egypt.
Telephone: 088 2357007 – 02 7484536
Fax: 088 2354130 – 02 7487704