Word of the dean
Welcome to a candid Faculty with
traditions and an eye to the future.
We are proud that
the great pharaohs are our ancestors, who were the first
people to develop agricultural techniques. With pride,
we are still the leaders in agriculture in our area. We
are located on the west bank of the Nile at Assiut city,
The Faculty of agriculture started in the
academic year 1959/1960. Our programs focus on four
major resources: biological, natural, environmental, and
human resources. The biological resources include
horticulture, vegetables, fruits, ornamentals, field
crops, live stock and poultry. The natural resources
include soil and water; dairy and food technology. The
environmental resources include genetics, plant
pathology and plant protection. Finally, the human
resources include rural sociology and agricultural
The Faculty of Agricultural, Assiut
University has won a reputation for its high-caliber
teaching programs and its friendly helpful faculty
members and staff. This faculty is the foster of three
faculties of agriculture in Upper Egypt: Faculty of
Agriculture, Minia University, Faculty of Agriculture,
Sohag University, and Qena Faculty of Agriculture, South
Valley University. Our Faculty has played a vital role
in providing skillfully trained human resources for the
development of agriculture in Egypt in general and in
Upper Egypt in particular. We do our best to train staff
for local institutions such as the Ministry of
Agriculture, and other private sectors.
To offer high quality educational programs that prepare qualified graduates capable of working at different fields of agriculture, conducting applied scientific research that can solve the society's problems, and developing natural and human resources within the local environment throughout the adoption of continuous improvement, and developing positive attitudes in accordance with Assiut University's mission.
Achieving excellence and pioneering in the areas of agricultural education, scientific research, and community services, in compliance with quality and continuous development requirements, within a cultural, research, and ethical environment to achieve sustainable development and meet local and regional job market requirements.
1. Preparation of qualified individuals in the different disciplines of agricultural activities to meet the needs of the society and the job market.
2. Provide high quality education to produce scientists who can assist in the advancement of the society.
3. Continuous development of the undergraduate and graduate programs to meet scientific advancement.
4. Conduct research and applied studies that contribute in solving Upper Egypt developmental problems.
5. Enhance the cultural and scientific relations between the faculty and other similar Arab and international faculties through joint mission activities, conferences, joint projects, and exchange of expertise