In 1957, the decision for the beginning of the study in the Department of Civil Engineering was made and in the academic year 1958/1959, the study was actively begun in.
From 1958 to 1988, the Civil Engineering Department was occupying the basement and the first floor in the old University. In the academic year 1988/1989 the department was moved to a new building in the new University and still occupying it till now. The department’s building is on an area of more than 7000 m2, the building consists of four floors beside a basement.
The required period of study in the department is four years after the preparatory year in order to obtain a B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering. The acceptance in the department comes through the faculty coordination office, where the department usually accepts more than 33% of the preparatory year passing students.
Faculty Page on Facebook
Faculty Page on Twitter
Faculty Page on Google+
Faculty Page on Youtube