The study in the Electrical Engineering Department was started in the 1958/1959 academic year, at that time the department had only two sections : Power Section - Communication Section. Currently the department has three sections: Electronics and Communication Section - Computers and Systems Section - Power and Machines Section.
From 1958 to 1978, the Electrical Engineering Department was located in the Mechanical Engineering Building, and in 1987 the department was moved to its new location and still occupying it till now. A computer center was established in the department for studying and research purposes.
Students enroll in the Electrical Engineering Department after passing the preparatory year, where the acceptance in the department comes through the faculty coordination office. The required period of study in the department is four years in order to obtain a B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering. In the first and second year, students study basic sciences in electric engineering than they specialized in the third year in one of the three sections.
Faculty Page on Facebook
Faculty Page on Twitter
Faculty Page on Google+
Faculty Page on Youtube