Upon recommendation of the faculty of Physical Education Council, Assiut University Council
grants the bachelor's degree in one of the following majors:
A- Physical Education Teaching.
B- Sports Training.
C- Sports Administration.
Enrollment requirements for the Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education:
Students applying for enrollment at the Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education should get the
general secondary certificate or its equivalent:
Applicants must pass the admission tests set by the Faculty Council.
Applicants must pass the medical examination at the destination allocated by Assiut University according to the suggestion of Faculty Council.
Study system and its Duration:
The duration of study for the Bachelor's Degree of Physical Education in the majors of (Physical
Education Teaching / Sport Training / Sport Administration) is four academic years (8 semesters). The
study consists of two semesters (fifteen weeks each).
Stage of study:
Study in the bachelor's stage is divided into two stages:
- The Main Period: is a general study for the first and second years in which students study the main courses as a preparation to join one of the three majors (Teaching of Physical Education, Sports Training, Sports Administration).
- The Specialized Period: is the specialized study for the third and fourth years in which students study the specialized courses according to the majors (Teaching of Physical Education / Sports Training / Sports Administration).
Distribution of students on the specialized majors:
The students are distributed to the majors according to the regulations of the Faculty Council in
the light of the suggestions of the departments' councils.
1. The faculty council determines the system of students field training according to the demand of department councils in the light of the study plan.
2. The department of curricula and teaching of physical education trains the students of teaching physical education major and supervises their internal and external training at sports and educational institutions.
3. The department of sports training and kinetics supervises the training of sports training students whether the internal training at the faculty or the external training at sports and educational institutions.
4. The department of sports administration and recreation supervises the training of sport s administration students in the internal and external training at various institutions.
5. A minimum of 60% of the total score of the course of field training- is a must for students success in this course.
6. In case of a student's failure in the course of field training, even if he/ she passes all the other courses, he is considered failing and must remain for one whole year to take a resit exam.
7. The faculty council sets the regulations related to year works and the final applied exam in field training per each major in the light of the suggestions of department councils.
A- A camp is organized for students of first year for environmental and society service in the fields of Physical Education (sports caravans). The attendance and commitment of students to the camp program is a must for promotion to the second year.
B- A camp is organized for training students of the third year on the skills of forming scout teams leadership and the student's attendance and commitment to the camp program is a must for promotion to the fourth year.
Each student must attend at least 75% of the practical and theoretical lectures in each course.
Upon the demand of department council and the approval of the faculty council, absent students
are forbidden from taking the final exam of the courses in which they do not attend and the student will
be considered failing.
If the student justifies his absence with an acceptable excuse to the faculty council, he will be
absent with an excuse.
The grades of the Bachelor Degree:
Student are evaluated whether in each course or in the total result according to the following:
- Excellent: for students who get 85% and more of the total score.
- Very Good: for students who get between 75% and less than 85% of the total score.
- Good: for students who get between 65% and less than 75% of the total score.
- Pass: for students who get between 50% and less than 65% of the total score.
If a student fails, he will get one of the following grades:
- Poor: if the student gets between 30% and less then 50% of the total score.
- Very Poor: if the student gets less than 30% of the total score.
The student will be promoted to the next year during the study stage if he pass all courses or failed in not more than two courses except (English Language).
The student will not promoted from basic period to specialized period unless he passes all courses of the basic period.
In September an annual reset exam is scheduled for students of the basic stage with two failures at most.
In November, reset exam is scheduled for students of the final stage with two failures at most.
The rules of this bylaw apply to students joining the first year, immediately after this bylaw is approved,
while old bylaw remains effective for courses of students of the other years.
Cases which do not fall under the details of this bylaw are examined by the faculty council for proper