The following conditions should be met to be registered to get the Ph.D. degree in Physical Education:
1. The student should be a holder of the the Master's degree in Physical Education or an equivalent degree
from one of the Egyptian Universities or a reputable scientific institute.
2. The student should be devote for two days ( at least with a permission from his workplace.
3. The student should apply for the qualifying exam held by the faculty to be submitted to the department
council and the faculty council.
4. The student has to successfully pass the qualifying exam held by the faculty according to the rules set by the
The following conditions should be met to get the Ph.D. degree in Physical Education:
1. The student should pass the exams of the first and second years as indicated in the schedules attached to
2. The student should pass successfully a course in the English language according to the system and the level
which the Assiut University decided as a condition to discuss the Ph.D.
3. The student after his success in the courses of the Ph.D. first year, should register a search in Ph.D. and
this is after the approval of the Faculty Council according to the suggestion of the department council and the
opinion of the high studies research committee.
4. The dissertation should be discussed in public in front of the discussion committee after 2 years at least from
the date of Faculty Council approval on registering the dissertation on condition that passing the exams of the
first and second years of the Ph.D. study plan.
5. The student has aright to change the dissertation topic, and the date of Faculty Council approval on the
change will be considered the date of the new registration and the student has not right to register more than
The student's success in the courses and the general grades of the Ph.D. stage on the physical
educational is evaluated according to this bylaw.
The exams of the Ph.D. first and second stage are hold according to what mentioned in this bylaw.
The duration of study to got the Ph.D. degree in the physical education is three (3) years, and the
student will not be granted the Ph.D. degree unless he passed the first and second years courses and got
the acceptance of the dissertation topic.
The supervisor(s) submit a report every 6 months about the student's progress in his research. and also
he/they should present a final report to the concerned department council to be submitted to the discussion
committee, and this report should be supported with a suggestion to form board committee to be submitted
to faculty council.
The student's registration for the PH.D Degree will be cancelled in the following cases:
1. If he is not granted the degree in the course of five years from the date of registration, unless the faculty
council decides to extend the period for another year upon recommendation of the supervisor and the approval
of the council of the scientific department and the committee of post graduate studies.
2. If the supervisor(s) submit two consequent reports about the student's disinterest in his research, after the
recommendation of the department council, the approval of the committee of post graduates studies, and the
approval of the acceptance of the faculty council. In this case, the student is formally notified of the
cancellation of his registration .
3. If the student doesn't follow his study for two academic years without an accepted excuse. This should be
upon the recommendation of the department council and the approval of committee of post graduate studies,
and the faculty council. The student is to be formally notified.
4. If the arbitration committee absolutely refuses the thesis.
5. If the student applies a formal request to cancel his registration.
6. If he does not meet the conditions of this bylaw.
The faculty council may, after taking the opinion of the concerned academic department councils, organize
training courses or specific studies that follow special system aiming at rising the scientific and practical
standard or presenting the modern scientific knowledge in the fields of physical education for the persons who
got the accredited academic degree to serve the different sectors of the physical education, and these studies
or programs don not qualify the student to get any academic degree, but can be ended be ended by exams
and grant the successors a certify to confirm their attendance.
- The regulations of this bylaw are applied from the beginning of the next academic year of the date of its
endorsement on the new students of the post graduates studies, while old bylaw is still effective for old
students who joined the high studies stage before the endorsement of the new bylaw.
- The cases which don't fall under the details of this bylaw and not mentioned in these provisional regulations,
are examined by the faculty council for proper decision., after taking the opinion of the concerned department
council and then submit these cases to the university council.