Home > Department of Botany & Microbiology > Dept. Home
Botany & Microbiology Department Vision
For pursuance of its mission the department places a particular emphasis on the following objectives:-
· Introduction of new courses which focus on the molecular biology and biotechnology.
· Cooperation with other scientific departments and faculties for establishing interdisciplinary specialization such as biophysics, bioinformatics, medical microbiology, etc.
· Continuous strengthening of the scientific and cultural relationships with the scientific organizations in Egypt and international Universities.
· Preparation of graduates who can fulfill the needs of the scientific research laboratories, and the national projects that deal with plant and microbial sources.
· Provision of an educational system that faculties preparation for young and brilliant scientists who contribute in the development of the society.
· Focusing on the studies and researches in both academic and applied fields that aim at development and community services.
Botany & Microbiology Department Mission
· Supply the market with highly qualified graduates achievement of the employment market needs.
· The department plays an essential role in solving the environmental problems and in community services in cooperating with other scientific faculties and organizations.
· Participation in achieving the faculty mission by preparing distinguished generation of scientists for the scientific, educational and industrial fields.
· The department provides excellent educational services for students inn Botanical science discipline during Bachelor study, in order to equip them with required skills, according to the local and international criteria.
· Offering the experiences and counsels for production organizations and services sectors of the society.
· The department offers the Bachelor degree in three different majors including: