PHD in Computers and Information
- Accepting applications for PhD students in mid-September of each year, and the study begins in the first week of October.
- The enrollment requirements:
- The student must have master degree of Computers and information in specialization field from any Egyptian university or equivalent degree from any scientific institute acknowledged by the supreme council of universities in condition that the total hours of study are not less than 300 hour. The study hours of graduation, diploma and master stages will be assessed, to specialization field, by the board of the concerned department and approved by the faculty Board.
System of Study:
- The study is divided into preliminary year where the students study the required courses followed by a period not less than one year or more than four years to prepare a PhD.
- It is permissible to the faculty Board on the recommendation of supervisor professor and the concerned department to grant student one further period to complete the PhD dissertation.
- The enrolled student for a doctorate is studying courses during the preliminary year. The study hours should not be less than 10 hours weekly for 28 weeks in one academic year. It is permissible to the faculty Board on the recommendation of supervisor professor and the concerned department to assign the student to study courses that cannot be taught in the faculty at other scientific institute acknowledged by the university.
- The faculty Board on the proposal of the Council of the concerned department exempt the student from studying some courses of preliminary year of the PhD if it has been studied successfully in the equivalent stage in the same university or another university acknowledged by the Supreme Council of Universities, in condition that his study of these courses have not passed by more than five years.
- Getting PHD in Computers and information requires:
- Student successes in all courses of the preliminary Year.
- The student must hold seminar about the subject of dissertation by attendance of number of colleges from inside and outside university, and then the supervision committee present report acknowledge the validity of the dissertation to be presented to the judging panel.
- The judging panel acknowledged the validity of the dissertation to get the PHD degree in computers and information.