The mission of the Industrial Pharmacy Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University is to develop basic understanding in the area of pharmaceutical manufacturing and communicate knowledge, ideas, and concerns to the pharmacy students. The department aims to link the basic pharmaceutical sciences and industrial pharmacy information with the practical procedures and techniques, thus helping the pharmacy graduates to contribute to their profession.
The Industrial Pharmacy Department is open to inter and intra-departmental, industrial and personal collaborations in research and problem solving. This will expand the knowledge and foster cooperation between professionals.
- The program will develop the student's ability to work effectively with colleagues, and industrial professionals and administrators.
- The program will develop the student's ability to search for and interpret information applicable to specific projects in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- The program will foster problem-solving and decision-making skills that may be applied to the development, testing and production of pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- The program will develop the student's ability to ascertain the types of pharmaceutical products that are currently used and those that may be needed in the future. It will also develop the student's ability to design dosage forms in order to meet these needs.
- The program will provide the student with specific training in industrial pharmacy that will provide a competitive edge in the pharmaceutical industry job market.
The overall goal of the Industrial Pharmacy Department at the Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University is to prepare students to assume pharmaceutical manufacturing positions performing a variety of specialized tasks including preformulation evaluation, dosage form design, stability testing, pilot plant scale-up and production.