Human Rights Studies and Research Center’s objectives:
- Carrying out specialized studies in the field of Human Rights, especially with regard to the rights of women and children.
- Conducting and supervising field research in the field of Human Rights in cooperation with specialized government agencies and in conjunction with the university research centers.
- Preparing training programs in the field of Human Rights for university employees and related parties.
- Preparing educational programs in the field of Human Rights specialized for workers in government agencies.
- Preparing programs for seminars and conferences in the field of Human Rights.
- Preparing and implementing general culture of Human Rights programs for students.
- Offering Recommendations to prepare university courses for Human Rights and support the development of university courses
The center contains Internal Entities for managing work which are:
- Studies and Research Entity.
- Training and Education Entity.
- Legal clinic, Faculty of Law.
- Anti-Violence and Discrimination Unit (formerly Anti-Harassment Unit).
- Under construction: The Family Support and Reproductive Health Unit - the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Unit and other internal entities can be established whenever necessary.
Means of communication with the center:
Correspondence: Assiut Governorate - Assiut University - Administrative Building - First floor, upper - Center for Human Rights Studies and Research.