Frequently Asked Questions
Credit hours system is a system applied in all the Egyptian Universities. Its aim is to measure the academic performance by a GPA method. The student has courses and each course with an identified credit hour so students must accomplish 18 hours per semester so each course can be 2 or 3 credit hours.
For applying in Assiut University you have to fulfill some requirement data after accomplishing thanwaya amma degree or any equivalent degree so the requirements are:
High school certificate + 2 copies of it.
- A recent birth certificate + 2 copies of it.
- 8 personal photos.
- Student medical examination from the medical administration.
- 2 copies of the ID card.
- The original military ID for male students who are above 19 years (Namouzag 6 Gond)
- Military Service Form (Namouzag 2 Gond), for Egyptian male students only
According to each faculty you can visit the faculty website you will find the calendar tab through it you can know exams or the academic schedule.
In Assiut University some faculties offer credit hour system:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine
- Private departments in the faculty of Computer Science
- Special programs in the Faculty of Science
- Special programs in the faculty of Pharmacy
- Translation Programs in the Faculty of Arts
- Special programs in the faculty of Education
- Programs for training teachers in the faculty of Education
At AUN, we offer post graduate programs (Diploma-Masters – PHD) according to each department in each faculty.
Each faculty has its own requirements and specifications, so please visit the faculty’s website (postgraduates tab) and you’ll find all the requirements