Welcome to Faculty of Computers and Information
Welcome to the Faculty of Computers and Information where science and engineering converge.
The Faculty of Computers and Information aspires to be a leading research educational institution in the field of computerization and community development and to exceed the global quality standards.
The mission of the Faculty of Computers and information at Assiut University is to serve the students as well as the community through the provision of distinctive education and innovative research in the fields of computer science, information systems and technology, and multimedia. This faculty develops the students’ personalities to make them able to build a knowledge-based economy and to create an innovative, competitive, and self-learning work environment. Computers and Information graduates are able to compete locally, regionally, and internationally in the labor market and to interact creatively with society and entrepreneurs.
Growth and Expansion
At first, the faculty of Computers and information was occupying a part of the building of the Faculty of Science, then in 2006 it moved to the current location in the new headquarter.
This faculty started with 143 Students in 2001/2002 until it reached 1206 students in 2017/2018. Moreover, the number of the faculty staff members was 4 and reached 15 staff members in 2016. The faculty of computers and Information will always keep on growing to provide its students and staff with knowledge and technology.
About the college and its goals
- The study in the college depends on the credit hour system, and the credit hour is a unit of study for determining the weight of the course, and a lecture is one hour long, and either two, three or four hours are exercises or practical exercises.
- Obtaining a bachelor’s degree in any of the disciplines requires that the student successfully pass 144 credit hours over at least eight semesters, divided into four academic levels. In the event that the student chooses a minor specialization in addition to the main specialization, he must successfully pass 15 additional credit hours from the requirements of the minor.
- The student must specify the major as well as the minor specialization if he / she desires, after successfully passing a total of 72 credit hours, and this may not be changed without the approval of the College Board.
- The college follows the credit hour system, which is based on the fact that the basic unit is the course and not the academic year, and the evaluation system is based on grading in each course with the points system
The College aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Preparing specialists in computer, information, networking and multimedia sciences, who are qualified with theoretical foundations and application methodologies, enabling them to compete internationally in developing computers and information technologies.
- Conducting scientific and applied studies and research in the field of computers and information that have a direct impact on the integrated development of society.
- Providing scientific and technical advice and assistance to bodies and agencies that use computers and information technologies and are interested in making and supporting decision-making by establishing units of a special nature.
- Rehabilitation of graduates of different colleges according to the needs of the labor market in the modern fields of computers, information, networks and multimedia by holding applied diplomas.
- Deepening awareness of the use of computers and information technologies in the sectors and institutions of the state and raising the efficiency of their use through specialized professional training courses.
- Participate with the specialized authorities to develop and localize software for various systems and applications
- Organizing seminars and holding scientific conferences with the aim of deepening concepts and upgrading the scientific level among specialized cadres.
- Concluding scientific agreements with the corresponding bodies and institutions at the local, regional and global levels with the aim of exchanging experiences and conducting research related to the disciplines of computers and information.
- Establish advanced specialized research units in the various branches of computers and information sciences.
- Providing and supporting means of publishing and scientific research in various fields of specialization.