Choose AUN Faculty of Computers and Information
At the faculty of Computers and Information - AUN, we offer our students a great opportunity to grow, and we achieve this through:
- Having a teaching staff specialized in their fields.
- Offering advanced educational and training in all Computer and Information departments which add knowledge to our students to provide society with qualified cadres who are able to meet the requirements of the labor market
- Providing opportunities for scientific research, graduate studies, and continuous learning for students in Egypt and the Arab world.
- Contributing to community services and environmental development.
- Being one of the four Universities in Egypt that you can travel and work abroad with no equivalent certificate.
- It is considered the first in Upper Egypt to offer graduates at a high level of efficiency to compete in the labor market.
- The faculty of Computers and information has a great location on the campus.
- The faculty has a distinctive infrastructure and laboratory equipment. It is equipped with (14) laboratories in addition to 9 specialized laboratories (GIS, Big-Data, Bioinformatics Multimedia, High Performance, Networks)
- The faculty offers unique and distinguished professional diplomas with the least expanses
- The faculty established two study programs (the software engineering program) and (the vital information systems program) which contribute to an increase of the faculty’s own resources.
The faculty of computer science in AUN consists of four departments and two private programs which are,
- Computer science Department :
- The Department of Computer Science, to prepare graduates equipped with scientific knowledge assets specialized in the field of computer science while keeping pace with the department's programs with modern variables to solve community problems. This is done by providing distinguished curricula in different 6 branches of computer science and its scientific and applied research, subject to international standards, quality and positive interaction of the department's role in serving the environment and community development.
- Information Systems Department
- The Information Systems Department aims to prepare graduates who have the scientific knowledge assets specialized in the field of information systems while keeping pace with the department’s programs with modern variables. The department also works to use the available resources to solve community problems. We achieve this through providing distinct curricula in various branches of information systems and their scientific and applied research subject to international standards, quality and positive interaction of the department's role in serving the environment and developing society.
- Information Technology Department :
- The Information Technology Department was established to prepare graduates equipped with scientific knowledge assets specialized in the field of information technology while keeping pace with the department's programs with modern variables which is done through providing distinguished curricula in various branches of information technology and its scientific and applied research subject to international standards, quality and positive interaction of the department's role in serving the environment and developing society.
- Multimedia Department :
- The Department of Multimedia established by the Faculty of Computers and Information, Assiut University, according to the faculty’s Regulations issued by Ministerial Decree No. (498) on 25/2/2012 to equipped students with the required a scientific knowledge in the field of multimedia to simulate the modern development in this field. The department also uses the available capabilities to solve community problems.
- Software Engineering Program :
- Prepare distinguished graduates who are able to compete in the labor market with his high capabilities and skills in the fields of software engineering and information technology and updating them in line with scientific progress and the needs of the labor market.
- Bioinformatics program :
- The program aims to provide the students with deep knowledge in the concepts and techniques related to design, programming, and application of computing systems. Specifically, based on the constitutions of the Computing Curriculum (ACM/IEEE IS2010 and IS2002) and international universities.