Graduates Follow-Up Unit
About the Unit
It’s a special unit that was established based on the faculty council decision no. 320, announced in the session number 181 on 19/12/2011. It was established to qualify graduates to compete effectively in the labor market via multiple programs that will accomplish that mission and raise the level of the graduates. We are in the process of establishing an organization for students and graduates of the faculty, where a room has been allocated in the second floor of the faculty building next to the information technology club. Due to the importance of utilizing the human resources who graduare from the Faculty of Arts, Assiut University, we monitor the labor market through them and evaluate the accuracy of the specialized study programs for practical realities through the field of community service sector and environmental development.
To enhance the effective role of the community service and environment development sector to follow up the faculty graduates in all departments, direct them to the labor market, and coordinate with their work entities with the aim of continuous development of the educational process to improve and ensure the quality of graduates to suit the requirements of the labor market in order to achieve the faculty’s mission and strategic goals.
The unit aims to spreading the concepts of following up the graduates with the student. Consequently, more than 81% of the faculty graduates can be followed in all different specialties, as well as working to help the graduate to obtain suitable job opportunities and comprehend their strengths and weaknesses of graduates. In addition to following the graduates in their private or governmental work places. The follow up is based on evaluating their efficiency in their work field.
- To strengthen a link between the faculty and its graduates.
- To follow-up graduates scientifically in order to enhance
- To work on the strengths and weaknesses of our graduates. In addition to following them in their private or governmental work places. The follow up is based on evaluating their efficiency in their work field.
- To create interconnection among the faculty graduates by holding periodic meetings.
- Trying to find places that provide job opportunities for faculty graduates in the public and private sectors through contacting officials.
- To present reports for scientific departments in the faculty based on studying the competence of the graduates in their work places in order to consideration the scientific material provided to the faculty students and the extent of their efficiency in the labor market. The faculty administration is moving in the light of these reports to direct the scientific departments towards educational quality.
Activities and events
- Workshops and seminars
- Cooperation protocols
- Literacy classes in the Faculty of Arts
- Communicating with the faculty students and graduates
Workshops and seminars
- A Professional development workshop was held entitled “Your Career After Graduation” on Wednesday and Thursday 16,17/4/2014 in prof. Ezzat Abdullah hall at the faculty’s headquarters.
- Entitled "Qualifying students and graduates of the University of Assiut as teachers for literacy and adult education classes" on Thursday, 10/7/2014, at 10 am in Prof. Ezzat Abdallah hall at the faculty’s headquarters.
- A seminar entitled "Literacy and Building the Future" was held on Wednesday 3/3/2017, at 11 am in the hall of Prof. Ezzat Abdullah, at the headquarters of the faculty.
- Cooperation Protocol between the Faculty of Arts, Assiut University, and the General Authority for Literacy and Adult Education - Assiut Branch on 30/4/2014, and the unit is implementing this protocol
- A cooperation protocol between the Faculty of Arts, Assiut University, and the General Authority for Literacy and Adult Education - Assiut Branch was renewed for the second time on 17/5/2015, and the unit is implementing this protocol.
- The unit implements a cooperation protocol between the Supreme Council of Universities and the General Authority for Literacy and Adult Education within the faculty, which was signed on 21/5/2016.
- Cooperation protocol with the Professional Advice Center of the Directorate of Youth and Sports in Assiut to provide training and vocational courses for the faculty student on 3/14/2014.
- Cooperation protocol with the Office of Skills Development and Entrepreneurship, Nahdet El Mahrousa Association, which took place at the Faculty of Science - Assiut University, on 24/10/2013.
- Cooperation with the (IFFK) union consisting of the (British International Center - American Cultural Center - Egyptian Foundation for Information Technology) was held to provide training courses in various fields for students of the Faculty of Arts on 20/5/2014.
- A memorandum of understanding was held between the Faculty of Arts - Assiut University and “Tahia Masr” Foundation for Charity and Community Development on 4/18/2018. Where the unit is based on the implementation of this note.
Literacy classes at the Faculty of Arts
- Several literacy classes have been opened at the faculty’s headquarters for a number of exam courses
- Holding many exams.
- Holding instant literacy exams at the faculty’s headquarters
- Following-up committees for literacy classes
Contacting Our Students and Graduates
We created “the Assiut Literature Alumni Association” page on social media to communicate with the students and graduates of the faculty, and publish announcements for the graduate follow-up units, as well as employment announcements
A page has been created in the name on the social media site to communicate with