Environmental Affairs Sector
This sector was established based on the Prime Minister’s Resolution No. 1142 of 1988 regarding the determination of the specializations of the Vice President for Community Service and Environmental Development, as follows:
First no.1: Taking into consideration the provisions of the regulation law of the universities and the executive regulations, the Vice president for Community Service and Environmental Development under the supervision of the President of the University shall assume the following powers:
- Supervising the preparation of plans and programs that ensure the achievement of the university's role in community service and environmental development.
- Supervising the administration of the affairs of special units, which provide their services or some of it to non-students, except for university hospitals.
- Supervising university facilities that provide services to non-students.
- Supervising the implementation of training programs of various types for government and private sector employees, whether it is continuous training or training courses.
- Studying faculty’s reports and recommendations of scientific conferences regarding community service and environmental development before submitting them to the university’s council.
- Follow up the implementation of the decisions of the Supreme Council of Universities and the University Council regarding community service and environmental development.
Community Service and Environmental Development Affairs Council Formation:
Prof. Maha Kamel Ghanem
Vice President for Community Service and Environmental Development
Prof. Thabet Abdel Moneim Ibrahim
Director of the Center for Environmental Studies and Research
Prof. Muhammad Abu Al-Qasim Muhammad
Member of the Center - Dean of the Faculty of Engineering - Assiut University
Prof. Ali Hussein Ali Zarzour
Member of the Center - Faculty of Medicine - Assiut University
Prof. Hossam El-Din Mohamed Omar
Member of the Center - Faculty of Science - Assiut University
Prof. Amal Muhammad Ibrahim Al-Iraqi
Member of the Center - Faculty of Agriculture - Assiut University
Prof. Adel Abdo Hussein Ahmed
Member of the Center - Faculty of Engineering - Assiut University
Dr. Alaa Arafat Khalifa
Member of the Center - Faculty of Pharmacy - Assiut University
Dr. Essam Adel Ahmed
Member of the Center - Faculty of Arts - Assiut University
Dr. Alaa El-Din Ahmed Mohamed Hamid
Member of the Center - Faculty of Specific Education - Assiut University
The Community Service and Environmental Development Board is competent to consider the following tasks:
- To study and propose general policies, plans, and programs to ensure the achievement of the university's role in community service and environmental development.
- To study the problems of productive activity, the effect of services and work sites in the environment, and the role of applied scientific research in solving them.
- Study and propose a general policy to establish and manage units of a special nature that provide services to non-students, with the exception of university hospitals.
- Study and propose a public policy to prepare and implement community training programs on the use of modern scientific and technical methods and their education and raise their productive efficiency in various fields.
- Study and propose a general policy for organizing scientific conferences, seminars, and public lectures aimed at community service and environmental development. The issues referred by the University Council are for study and expressing opinion on other matters that are related to it in accordance with the law.
- Environmental Studies and Research Center
- General Administration for Environmental Projects
- Energy Management Center
- Environmental Training Center
- Conference Center
- Foreign Language Center at Assiut University
- The public service center for teaching Arabic
- Assiut University Press
- The public service center at Assiut University
- Technologies, Software and Computers Unit
- Cairo Residence (Dokki - Kasr El Ainy)
- The Technical Center for Technological Prediction, Laboratory Laboratory, and Training
Address Assiut University-The Administrative Building-fourth floor- suite B