Quality Assurance Unit
About the Unit:
In 2005, the Quality Assurance Unit at the faculty of science, Assiut University was established as a part of the quality system development project at the university. It is an administrative body specialized in the monitoring and evaluation of the faculty results. Moreover, the unit reviews the organizational framework and presents a new list that includes the internal regulations of the Quality Assurance Center of the University in order to achieve the vision and purpose of the Unit and support the goal and strategy of the faculty for quality assurance and accreditation access.
To maintain the distinguished position of the Faculty of Sciences at the national and regional levels and contribute to the achievement of the overall quality and performance. In addition to maintaining a continuous improvement of the education and research process in the field of community services.
The unit aims to strengthen the concepts of quality, follow-up, and performance evaluation via utilizing all the available sources of the faculty, according to the instructions of the National Authority to ensure the quality of education and implement a cycle of continuous improvement of institutional and academic performance. Consequently, this will increase the efficiency level of graduates. Moreover, the faculty will be able to gain the trust and satisfaction of beneficiaries and achieve a comprehensive efficiency.
The main aim of the Quality Assurance Unit is to develop frameworks for monitoring and evaluating the performance of the faculty’s activities, education, study, and service, in the light of the requirements of the National Authority to ensure the quality of education and accreditation. We achieve this through:
- Setting up processes and structures for internal follow-up and performance assessment in research, service, and administrative operations within the faculty in a manner that ensures the achievement of the faculty’s goals and the enhancement of its outputs.
- Strengthening and improving the culture and values of quality among all members of the teaching community, teaching staff, students, and employees in the departments and institutions to promote excellent performance and facilitate the completion of tasks.
- Improving the efficiency of the degree programs offered by the faculty in a way that represents the level of students and their competitive skills in the job market.
- Strengthening the research activities program by implementing an integrated study strategy that involves collaboration between different departments, in order to solve social issues on scientific grounds and place the university in the global ranking.
- Growing the level of community engagement in the faculty to ensure the delivery of quality and the satisfaction of the beneficiaries.
- Developing customized training programs to increase the productivity of the employee in order to create and enhance the institutional and human resources of the faculty to prepare it for excellence.
- Ensuring the fulfillment of the standards and criteria of the National Authority in order to prepare the faculty for accreditation and maintain continuity.