A distinguished sector that is able to compete in applying the rules of scientific research to serve and develop the community and find solutions to its problems
Our mission is to provide a system of scientific and consulting services in the field of basic sciences for society.
- Participating in raising awareness and disseminating culture among the community members inside and outside the faculty and preserving the environmental safety through reviewing the environmental impact assessment with the aim of providing scientific and technical consultations for new projects.
- Linking the faculty with the industry, supporting the partnership with the business sector and the private sector, and working to remove all the obstacles that may face this partnership.
- Studying and proposing general policies for organizing community, environmental conferences, and scientific seminars that directly serve the surrounding community. Moreover, this will encourage scientific and educational convoys for local units, villages, and schools in order to increase these convoys, develop their goals, and provide all possible support to them.
- Determining societal needs, studying the needs of civil society and the possibility of partnership, and determining the level of this partnership in the light of the capabilities available at the university by listing the problems of society and setting appropriate scientific plans to deal with them. In addition to studying the problems of productive activity and the role of applied research in solving them.
- Creating a mechanism to urge the honorable staff of the faculty and students to participate actively in the volunteer service of the university, the community, and the surrounding environment. As community service and environmental conservation are an integral part of the professor’s message, which we aim to revive.
- Developing units of a special nature because of their importance in serving the community and developing self-resources that help the university to fulfill its mission, by:
- Creating an advanced database for the units of a special nature to the university and various faculties, and follow up their activities.
- Seeking to activate the unified list of units and adapt them to be more flexible and effective, as well as pushing new administrative leaderships to maximize the benefit of units of a special nature.
- Developing the infrastructure for special units, by supporting the units with the necessary equipment and increasing their competitiveness in providing distinguished community services.
- Developing the skills of those in charge of special units and raising the efficiency of managing and using the available resources and giving them the ability to absorb scientific developments and improve their application.
- Training the students on first aid skills and emergencies.
- Introducing environmental issues into seminars and workshops for students.
- Creating a database for graduates and working to link them to their faculty and university.
- Maintaining the integrity of the faculty’s internal environment, protecting it from pollution, and rationalizing the use of resources (water - energy).
- Monitoring the faculty security and safety procedures through the Crisis and Disaster Management Unit continuously.
- Contributing to finding solutions to health problems facing society through applied research.
- Involving community parties in the activities of the faculty.
- Working on increasing the satisfaction of the community parties with the activities of the faculty.
- Taking care of the surrounding environment through afforestation and paints.