The program aims to provide the students with deep knowledge in the concepts and techniques related to design, programming, and application of computing systems. Specifically, based on the constitutions of the Computing Curriculum (ACM/IEEE IS2010 and IS2002) and international universities.
The Information Systems Department aims to prepare graduates who have the scientific knowledge assets specialized in the field of information systems while keeping pace with the department’s programs with modern variables. The department also works to use the available resources to solve community problems. We achieve this through providing distinct curricula in various branches of information systems and their scientific and applied research subject to international standards, quality and positive interaction of the department's role in serving the environment and developing society.
The Department of Information Systems sought to provide the elements for the continuous development of education in the field of information systems to keep pace with the rapid scientific and technological developments and to improve the university performance, and to elevate the department’s graduates to the level of excellence and high competitiveness, to complete distinguished scientific research and studies, and to maximize the department’s role in serving the environment and developing society.
- Prepare specialists in the field of information systems, data preparation and management, and provide qualified personnel with theoretical foundations and application methodologies, in order to enable them to compete internationally in developing computer and information technologies.
- Conduct scientific and applied studies and research in the field of information systems that have a direct impact on the integrated development of society.
- Provide scientific and technical advice and assistance to bodies and agencies that use information systems technologies and are interested in the components of this technology.
- Rehabilitation of graduates of various colleges according to the needs of the labor market in modern fields of information systems by holding applied diplomas.
- Participate with the specialized agencies to develop and Arabize software for information systems, networks and various applications.
- Organize seminars and holding scientific conferences with the aim of deepening concepts and upgrading the scientific level among specialized cadres.
- Conclude scientific agreements with the corresponding bodies and institutions at the local, regional and global levels, with the aim of exchanging experiences and conducting research related to the specializations of information systems.
- A proposal to establish units of a special nature for specialized and advanced research in the field of information systems.