Collective Performance Evaluation Unit
About the Unit
Since the Faculty of Art is seeking development in all its aspects, it established the collective performance evaluation unit to be an institutional entity working on developing and applying modern evaluation systems.
The university performance evaluation unit aims to be an institutional entity working on developing and applying modern evaluation systems.
The Students’ Evaluation and Examinations Unit at the Faculty of Arts, AU, operates according to the targeted educational outcomes (ILOS) for academic programs via applying modern and advanced methods to achieve transparency, accuracy, and objectivity.
- To develop and update students’ evaluation systems and exams.
- To spread the culture of development and updating the student's evaluation systems and exams in the faculty
- To develop and publish an ethical charter for those involved in the evaluation process
- To establish effective and clear policies for membership of exam committees.
- To adopt advanced evaluation systems in order to benefit from the electronic progress in the processes of correcting, reviewing, and monitoring electronically in a manner that guarantees speed, transparency, and fairness.
- To create question banks in the light of the goals and criteria for programs and decisions.
- To enhance feedback mechanisms for students’ exams, in a manner that enhances teaching and learning efficiency.
Developing student evaluation systems and exams project
The importance of unity:
- Developing evaluation methods and means via utilizing modern methods.
- Achieving speed, accuracy, transparency, and fairness regarding evaluation work, exams, follow-up, and statistics.
- Contributing to achieving the identity of the Faculty of Arts at Assiut University, especially as it is newly established.
- Confirming the dominance of integrated e-management that achieves quality education and creates a good environment for the faculty.
- Support e-learning.
- Building structured question banks to reflect targeted educational outcomes and evaluate the academic standard of the program.
- Unifying exam standards and specifications for students of different specializations in the faculty.
- Correcting the course of teaching and learning to achieve the targeted quality.
- Linking the course to the requirements of the labor market
Who are the beneficiaries?
- The faculty members and their assistants: they will define a system that develops the triple examination paper covering the ILOS and electronic correction.
- Students: All the faculty students will be able to compete for jobs related to their major in the job market.
- Community parties: community parties benefiting from the faculty graduates and specialized departments and institutions.
Project criteria for developing student evaluation systems and exams
- Standards for selecting control members, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Criteria for selecting observers, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Criteria for selecting heads of controllers, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Criteria for selecting committee chairmen, tasks, and responsibilities.