Quality Assurance Unit:
- The internal regulations of the Quality Assurance Unit were approved by the Faculty Council No. (974) on 02/23/2010, and it was updated and approved by the Council No. (1052) on 11/21/2016, and the new Board of Directors for the unit was formed and approved in Session No. (1066) on 2/19 / 2018.
- Since the establishment in 1957, the Faculty of Engineering has been seeking continuous development and upgrading its performance to achieve its mission. Unit’s activities have officially started in the faculty through student evaluations of curricula and equipment. In 2001, the Association of African Universities and the faculty prepared the first self-evaluation study, and from December 2002 to June 2003, the Faculty obtained funding through a project funded by the Ford Foundation to conduct a self-study.
- The Faculty was chosen as one of the six pioneering Faculty out of three universities that begin to introduce the internal quality assurance system within the QAAP project under the supervision and follow-up of the National Committee for Quality Assurance and Accreditation.
- An internal quality system has been established in the Faculty, which plays its role in ensuring the quality of education in the faculty since its establishment until now.
- The faculty also participated in a study on evaluating engineering education with group of Mediterranean countries in cooperation with the European Union.
- In January 2008, the Faculty obtained funding from the Education Development Fund was about 7.2 million L.E to develop the Faculty and update its laboratories and quality mechanisms to qualify it for accreditation. According to the timetable of the Faculty’s development plan.
- In 2009 the faculty started to prepare self-study method according to the standards of the National Authority for Quality Assurance of Education and Accreditation as one of the requirements for applying for accreditation, however, the faculty is seeking to apply for accreditation with the beginning of 2010.