Mining and metallurgical engineering graduates should be aware of the application of the new technologies in the prospection of ores as well as building materials in order to exploit the Egyptian mineral ideally. In order to achieve this goal, students must understand basic sciences besides the studied courses in mining and metallurgical fields.The department also qualifies the graduate for granting Diploma, Master and Doctoral degrees in different branches of mining and metallurgical engineering. It carries out the applied research in mining and metallurgical fields to solve the problems in order to meet the societal needs and demands of development fields, as well as keeping up with the technological and scientific advances. Moreover, The department is ready to supply the organizations as well as production institutions related to the field with experiences and consultations in order to serve and develop the upper Egyptian community
Mining and metallurgical engineering department aims to:
- Graduate engineers who are able to work in mines and metals factories.
- Help industry fields in the country by providing them with hard workers Engineering consultancies.
- Graduate engineers who are able to work in surface surveying and mining field.
- Prepare graduates for being able to compete in the labor market with a complete awareness of using modern technologies in the detection of raw and construction materials.
- Qualify graduates for granting Diploma, Masters, and Doctoral degrees in different branches of mining and metallurgical engineering.
- Qualify its graduates for competitions in the working market.