Faculty of engineering historical note
- Faculty of Engineering workshops work on industrial and qualitative transformation in Upper Egypt since its establishment. Faculty’s workshops have main pillars in training and educating faculty’s students to achieve the goal of community developing. The workshops contain large group of productive machines that serve different departments.
- The Faculty of Engineering workshops manufactures and supplies most of the needs of Assiut University as well as some of the needs of Minia University, South Valley University and Sohag University.and its branches in terms of furniture and laboratory equipment.
- Workshops work on manufacturing the necessary devices and equipment for masters and doctoral research that serve all university’s faculties.
- The workshops also contribute to solving the problem of unemployment by graduating and training skilled technicians by applying training projects for boys In 1982, the Unit of the Faculty of Engineering, Assiut University, was considered a special unit affiliated to the Department of Mechanical Engineering for the purpose of serving the surrounding environment in terms of carrying out maintenance and repair operations and manufacturing complex spare parts for the machines in factories inside or outside Assiut Governorate.
Objectives of the Faculty of Engineering workshops
- Providing Assiut University with its needs that fall within the workshop competence.
- Carrying out productive engineering work for others.
- Providing technical advice to others.
- Providing training courses to raise production efficiency.
- Contribute to the performance of the Faculty of Engineering and its mission in educating and training students.
- Assisting the university in implementing the equipment necessary to conduct scientific research.
- Equipment maintenance and manufacture of rare and complex spare parts for the university and the surrounding environment.
Managing Faculty of Engineering workshops
Faculty of Engineering the workshops are managed by a Board of Directors headed by Prof. Dr. / Dean of the Faculty and the General Supervisor of the Faculty workshops, Prof. Dr. / Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering. The board of directors includes two professors specializing in production engineering and one of the professors from other mechanical engineering disciplines.
Prof. Dr. / Head of Mechanical Engineering Department and General Supervisor of Workshops - Faculty of Engineering - Assiut University
Phone: 088/2335572 - 088/2411160