Electronic correction unit
Automated Electronic Correction Unit Director Talk:
Hello and welcome to the automated electronic correction unit, Faculty of Nursing - Assiut University.
In the line with new changes and developments in the educational process; The automated electronic correction unit has been established in the Faculty of Nursing-Assiut University since 2013-2014, aiming to achieve the values of justice, objectivity and transparency among students through electronic mechanical exams.
The unit contributes to spreading the culture of developing student evaluation systems and examinations as a means to improve the educational system and ensure its quality. As well as; it provides the faculty members and units concerned with evaluation of the educational process with the necessary reports.
Finally; progress and prosperity for our dear nation, our Faculty and our University.
Within the framework of the faculty’s implementation of the Continuous Development and Accreditation Project CIQAP, and with the support of the project; The automated electronic correction unit was established and had been started in the second semester 2013-2014.
The unit is located at the first floor of the laboratory building, room No. 103.
The unit contains three (3) electronic correction machines, three (3) computers and printers, two (2) copiers in addition to one air conditioner.
The team members which constitute the unit are: six (6) faculty teaching staff , unit director, deputy unit director, in addition to a secretary and a worker.
The unit looks forward to distinction and consistency in extracting the results of the paper exam.
The faculty's automated electronic correction unit works to ensure the quality of evaluation systems and educational effectiveness for students.
- An electronic correction system is applied to ensure the use of good exam paper standards.
- Apply justice among students in correction of the exam papers.
- Extract statistical reports and graphs on students ’results.
- Raise the competency of the faculty member in using new evaluation systems.
About the Electronic Correction Unit:
Within the framework of the College’s implementation of the CIQAP Continuous Development and Accreditation Project, and with the support of the project, an electronic correction unit was established and activated in the June exams for the 2013-2014 academic year. The unit is located on the first floor of the factory building, room No. and it contains 2 electronic correction machines, 3 computers, 3 printers, and 2 copiers. The unit includes 8 faculty members, in addition to the unit director, the deputy director of the unit, as well as a secretary for the unit and a worker.
Processing of Automated Electronic Correction:
Step I: Designing the student's bubble sheet:
- In the presence of the subject's teacher, the head of the grade control sends a letter to the head of the automated electronic correction unit with detailed description of the exam paper contents writing about the type of questions (multiple choice - true or false - matching), number of questions, choices corresponding to each question, and the degrees assigned to each question.
- After designing the bubble sheet; it is reviewed by the head of the grade control, the subject's teacher and the head of the automated electronic correction unit.
- The bubble sheet is photographed by the automated electronic correction unit with the total number of grade students, in addition to ten percent (10%).
- The bubble sheet will be stamped on the unit by the employee of the automated electronic correction unit.
- The bubble sheets are delivered to the head of grade control with a receipt
- The bubble sheet is photographed with the increases if students need more during the exam and the used one is withdrawn.
Step II: Correcting the students' bubble sheet.
- The head of the control grade sends a letter to the head of the automated electronic correction unit to correct the students' bubble sheet in the presence of the exam committee members.
- The head or member of the grade control delivers the student’s bubble sheet to automated electronic correction unit.
- The bubble sheet is corrected electronically by the members of the automated electronic correction unit after verifying the total number of students in the presence of the exam committee members and a member of the grade control.
- The key for the model exam answer is received from the head of the grade control.
- Students' bubble sheet forms are entered into the machine for correction.
- The subject's teacher signs all student forms after they have been corrected.
- The bubble sheet forms are delivered numerically to the head of the grade control after being corrected.
- The result of the course and the related reports are delivered to the head of the grade control with a receipt.
- After completing the correction process and announcing the results of the four grade controls, a copy of the reports and the result will be sent to the Quality Assurance Unit, the Measurement and Evaluation unit, and the subject's teacher.