Measurement and Evaluation Unit
About the unit
It is the unit that undertakes evaluation, training, and development of tests and standards.
The unit manager Talk
Proceeding from the fact that the process of measurement in general and evaluating students in particular is one of the basic elements in achieving the overall quality of the educational system in general and higher education in particular, but it has become one of the basic criteria for that quality.
Since its establishment, the Measurement and Evaluation Unit has pursued a mission and goals that define the mechanisms of action and the path that is concerned with the advancement of the academic and training role through its contributions to the development of the training movement, the development of measurement and evaluation competencies for faculty members and their assistants in the college, and the development of the ability to build question banks for faculty members and assisting bodies to improve training services And the college’s institutional effectiveness for excellence in the areas of measurement and evaluation system and quality control to achieve high adequacy of educational systems in accordance with recognized standards locally, regionally and globally.
Since the establishment of the unit, reports are prepared annually for reviewing examination papers for undergraduate courses, as well as surveying students’ opinions in the evaluation process, as well as training faculty members on methods of measurement and evaluation, and calculating the exam map.
In the end, I would like to extend my sincere thanks and appreciation to His Excellency the President of the University, the Deputies, The Dean of the College and the Vice Deans for their support for the smooth implementation of the Unit’s tasks.
The Measurement and Evaluation Unit aspires to be one of the most important effective units of measurement and evaluation in the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Quality, so that it contributes to the evaluation and development of various aspects of the educational process, through the studied and programmed work to update evaluation strategies and tools, and turn it into an effective and effective functional cooperative process, in line with quality requirements Locally and regionally.
In line with the objectives of the National Authority for Assurance and Quality and its future aspirations, the Measurement and Evaluation Unit works to contribute to ensuring the quality of teaching and learning, by adopting training mechanisms, designing appropriate evaluation tools, computerizing examinations according to scientific standards, promoting correct scientific concepts of measurement and evaluation, and deepening the competencies of workers in this field to create awareness Positive is based on the knowledge and performance bases for effective evaluation.
- Innovation and creativity
- Team work
- Accuracy and reliability
The measurement and evaluation unit aims to achieve the following aspirations:
- Training faculty members on exam preparation strategies in line with quality standards and requirements.
- Computerizing exams by creating a question bank according to appropriate psychometric criteria.
- Conducting scientific studies in the field to evaluate the most important aspects of the educational process, especially exams and achievement results.
- Presenting plans and proposals to address the weaknesses that appears in the activities referred to in the previous item and following up on their implementation.
- Creating a desktop archive for standardized tests and standards.
- Issuing bulletins and manuals specialized in the field of measurement and evaluation.
- Organizing workshops and scientific conferences in the field of measurement and evaluation.
Organizational Structure of the Unit:
1. Unit Board:
This council was established to include 7 members, headed by the dean of the college, and the powers of this council are as follows:
- Determining the priorities of the unit's work in the future stage.
- General supervision of the unit's work progress, follow-up of its achievements, and work to implement its recommendations with the relevant and specialized authorities.
- Presenting the necessary suggestions and recommendations to activate the unit's work mechanisms.
- Adoption of the unit's requirements and work to provide them in accordance with the requirements of the work and the interest of the college.
Formation of the unit's board of directors
The formation of the unit’s board of directors in the college council was established in its session No. (107) held on 18/3/2021 AD, and it agreed to approve the formation of the measurement and evaluation unit for the academic year 2020/2021 AD as follows:
- Prof. Fatma Rushdy Mohamed, Director of the unit
- Ghada Hassan, Assistant professor of Internal Medicine and Surgical Nursing
- Hana Mokhtar, Lecturer of Geriatric Nursing
- Ghada Shalaby, Assistant professor of Critical and Emergency Nursing
- Manal Abu Al-Layl, Lecturer of Psychiatric Nursing
- Walaa Hamza, , Assistant professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing
- Nahed Khamis, Lecturer of Pediatric Nursing
- Shaima Al-Wardani, Assistant professor of Community Health Nursing
- Reda Hassan, Lecturer of Nursing Administration
- Preparing periodic reports that include measuring the level of teaching from the students' point of view through the "Teaching Quality Questionnaire".
- Polling the opinions of faculty members through the "General Information" questionnaire.
- Studying and analyzing students’ grades and knowing the extent of inflation and how grades are distributed at all levels.
- Presenting workshops on measurement concepts and methods of constructing university tests.
- Providing practical and scientific advice.
- Holding training courses in building achievement tests, methods of correcting them, and analyzing their results.
Obtaining the students’ opinions in the evaluation process
- A survey of students ’opinions on the evaluation process for the subject of internal nursing and surgeons of the second year, no modern day, January 2019
- A survey of students ’opinions on the internal orthopedic process and first team surgeons, recent list January 2019
- Students ’opinions polls in the revision process, both practical and oral, for the subject of Fundamentals of Nursing, first group, recent list, January 2019 role
- Student opinions survey on the strengthening process, practical and oral, for community health nursing, fourth division, old list, January 2019
- Students' opinions survey about the clinical and oral strengthening process for critical care nursing, fourth division, old list, January 2019 role
- Survey of students ’opinions about the strengthening process for obstetrics and gynecology nursing, third division, recent list, January 2019 role
- Students ’opinions survey on the remedial process, child nursing and reproductive health course, third group, recent list, January 2019 role
- Student opinions survey on the rehabilitation process, Elderly Nursing, Fourth Division, old list, January 2019
- Student opinions survey on the strengthening process, Nursing Administration course, Fourth Division, old regulations, January 2019
- Student opinions survey on the evaluation process for obstetrics and gynecology, third division, old list, January 2019