Speech of the Head of the Department of Maternal and Newborn Health Nursing
Male and female students of the College of Nursing, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
On behalf of myself, and on behalf of my colleagues, members of the Department Council, I am pleased to address you through the department’s website, with greetings. I wish this window to add more information to you about our department and to achieve effective communication between us.
The department offers male and female students special courses on maternal and fetal health in bachelor’s and master’s degrees - doctorate degrees to graduate generations capable of facing the challenges of the future and meeting the needs of the labor market. I hope that the site will contribute to provide the desired benefit to you.
The Department of Reproductive Health Nursing (Gynecology and Obstetrics Nursing) at the Faculty of Nursing, Assiut University, works to prepare scientifically, skillfully and professionally qualified cadres in the field of gynecology and obstetrics nursing through educational programs based on accredited academic standards and scientific research that keeps pace with the requirements of the present and the labor market in order to preserve women's health And improving it during different periods of a woman's life.
The Department of Reproductive Health Nursing (Gynecology and Obstetrics Nursing) seeks to excel and lead in the field of women care during the different stages of life.
Activities and vacations of the department:
- A closed-circuit television system was established to link all the department's laboratories with the runway for the educational scientific service.
- llustrations and models were designed with the participation of students to facilitate the explanation of the lectures and practical applications, for example (birth chart model - box of family planning methods - a picture book for the scientific content of the course, fetal monitoring device).
- Participation in the competition for the best laboratory (the best laboratory in the student field and civil research.
- Models were cloned from some of the original models in the department's laboratories (cervical model - embryo skull model - female pelvis model - placenta of all kinds - arm for the installation of contraceptive methods) of the Student Excellence Project to reproduce models.
- A database of scientific dissertations (Masters – PhD- Postdoctoral research) has been created.
- A database of the sites of the faculty members and the assisting body on the educational platforms has been created (Google Escor - Knowledge Bank - Scientific Researcher Portal - Academic Mai)l.
- The department's laboratories were provided with many tools for training students as a donation from faculty members and the assisting body to develop the educational process (such as: fetal pulse device - thermal reagents).
- A scientific day took place on the sidelines of the International College conference under the title “Issues related to women's health” on Monday, 24/2/2020
Abstract About the department
The department was established with the beginning of the establishment of the Higher Institute of Nursing in October 1982 to prepare a generation of qualified students to provide the best health care for mothers and newborns in the various health care facilities in the community.
The department awards the following academic degrees:
Diploma degree - master's degree - doctoral degree in obstetric and gynecological nursing for the number of generations of faculty members and the assisting body as well as holders of these degrees who occupy their jobs in scientific facilities to be academically qualified to prepare, model and train students.
- Preparing distinguished students in the field of obstetrics and gynecology nursing who are able to provide the best health care for women during different life periods.
- Encouraging students to participate in scientific research to prepare a student who is able to compete in the labor market locally and internationally.
- Developing the capabilities of faculty members and graduates and encouraging them to communicate with local and international bodies to develop the efficiency of education and scientific research.
- Providing students with nursing skills that enable them to interact socially to improve women's health in the various stages of their lives.